Top 10 Best Desserts From Around the World
Wearever has taken an unofficial poll, and here is its top 10 list of best desserts worldwide ever ( it was very hard to keep it to 10!) And don't forget, Mom's Apple Pie a la mode...
1. New York City-Off the Beaten Path dessert idea of the year-Sprinkle's 24 hour vending machine that dispenses gourmet cupcakes on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Satisfy a craving at any time of the day or night. The gourmet cupcakes offered are chocolate, coconut, red velvet, vanilla, and lemon meringue. First stop, bank ATM, next stop gourmet cupcakes ATM!
2. Rome's 24 hour bakeries or panifici- There is nothing like the smell of a fresh baked pastry in the "ore piccole" or the late night/early morning hours in Rome. Stop by Dolce Maniera near Vatican City for a fresh baked cornetti with nutella. Truly La Dolce Vita.
3. Lake Bled, Slovenia- Lake Bled Cream Cake, or Kremna Rezina, is hands down one of the best desserts in the world, but the original is only made in one place, Lake Bled, Slovenia. It is a proprietary recipe, and the patisserie at the Hotel Park in Bled is said to have produced over 10 million of these luscious treats. You will Be Inspired once you taste this cake. Guaranteed.
4. Paris-La Maison Du Chocolat. You will want to bathe in the ganache. It is that good.
5. Vienna-For all you strudel lovers, try the grand Cafe' Central in Vienna for a classic strudel. Another great choice is the classic sachertorte, a fluffy, chocolate cake layered with apricot jam and preserves, topped with whipped cream. Best choice at the Hotel Sacher's Cafe Sacher Wien.
6. Boston Cream Pie-an American classic, in top form at Flour Bakery + Cafe in Boston.
7. Madrid-The churro, created many moons ago by Spanish shepherds, is a fried doughy treat, coated in sugar and dipped in thick hot chocolate. Do you hear your arteries closing??
8. Istanbul, Athens, Yerevan-Baklava, the delicious combo of crispy and gooey phyllo dough layers filled with chopped nuts and honey. Finger licking good.
9. Lisbon, Havana- Dulce de leche is a thick confection made of caramelized sugar and condensed milk that is eaten on its own or poured over ice cream, cakes, or cookies. Just eat it with a spoon!
10. Sicily-Original, homemade gelato from where it was said to have originated. Go with the classic pistachio.
Now, what to wear? Here are some outfit-inspirations for taste testing the ultimate desserts.
More for you:Top 7 Things To-Do in Provence