Fireworks and the Fourth of July
Where do you spend the Independence Day holiday? It is a day for concerts, beach, picnics, hot dogs, mom's apple pie, parades, boating, fishing... Wearever has conducted a very unscientific survey to put together the top spots to spend this quintessentially American holiday and celebration of summer.
1. New York City-This says it all! The fireworks are set off from the Brooklyn Bridge and barges on the East River. “Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks are a one-of-a-kind spectacle that will once again inspire audiences nationwide as we illuminate the shores of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn with stunning effects, color and sound,” said Amy Kule, Executive Producer of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks. “We are thrilled to be working with our partners in the City of New York to have the magnificent Brooklyn Bridge as our canvas and stunning backdrop for this year’s bigger-than-life display.”
2. Boston-Back to where it all began, "The Cradle of Liberty." What could be more inspiring than watching fireworks over the night sky and the Charles River accompanied by the Boston Pops playing the 1812 Overture?
3. San Francisco-Hope for no fog, and nab a good parking spot on the hill to watch the fireworks over San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz. Just awe inspiring.
4. Washington D.C.-Who doesn't love a parade, and then fireworks exploding over the Lincoln and Washington Monuments?
5. Philadelphia-the birthplace of independence goes all out for its 4th of July celebration. The Roots, Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Hudson will perform in the “Largest Free Concert in America,” followed by a fireworks spectacular over the Philadelphia Museum of Art. You can also hear the Declaration of Independence read aloud on July 8th.
6. Chicago's Navy Pier-Celebrate all day with free live music and two beaches. Then, at nigh,t enjoy a burger and the fantastic display over Lake Michigan.
7. Charleston, South Carolina-Listed as a top 5 by The New York Times, the fireworks are launched from the deck of the U.S.S. Yorktown, and explode over Charleston Harbor.
8. Niagara Falls, NY-The Falls are lit with a cacophony of colors for over ten minutes of fireworks that can be seen from just about everywhere in Niagara Falls State Park.
More for you:Summer in NYC's Union Square Market