Top 10 Musts at NYC's Union Square Market
Summer in the City. Take a stroll and meet the farmers. Hands down, the Union Square Farmer's Market in New York City, open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, is one of the best around. Not only is it in an amazing part of the City and supports many small, local organic farmers, the variety and depth of the selections of produce, flowers, fish, cheeses, yogurts, ice cream, the list can go on and on, and is mind numbing. Stalls, stalls, and more stalls. Once you taste a freshly laid egg, you will never go back! Come equipped with your own bags, cash (since many of the vendors do not take credit cards), your imagination as to the many delicious dishes you can whip up, and your appetite (for all the free samples). Fair Be Inspired Warning, this Market will become an obsession...
1. Flying Pigs Farm-A small farm located in Washington County NY on the Battenkill River. Specializes in fresh pork belly, made from happy, heritage breed pigs. And, great fresh eggs laid by happy chickens.
2. Ronnybrook Dairy-Yummy milk and ice cream. A third generation family farm located in the Hudson Valley.
3. Keith's garlic-ranked tops in New York State from a certified organic farm in Orange County.
4. Red Jacket Orchards-Located in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York State on the banks of Seneca Lake, fave apples and juices.
5. Rick's Picks artisanal pickles-14 varieties of hand picked pickles from local farmers. Say that 10 times fast.
6. Hutchins Farm asparagus-a sure sign of spring.
7. Carr's Ciderhouse-hand crafted ciders, hard ciders, sparkling ciders.
8. Soluna Garden Farm-sustainably grown flowers and herbs. The most beautiful peonies ever.
9. Martin's Pretzels-handmade pretzels - "slow food" - not machine made.
10. Valley Shepherd Creamery-artisan cheese maker, try the Carameaway or the Crema de Blue. You will be licking your fingers.
Now, check out what to wear for your afternoon in NYC.
John Zack Playsuit In Polka Dot
Betsey Johnson Bag
More for you:What to pack for Paris