LAST REVISED APRIL 5, 2013
1. Information Collection and Use
The information we gather enables us to improve and continue to operate the Services. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information provided by you: We collect information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your user profile on the Services. For example, our registration and login process requires you to provide us with a name, valid e-mail address and/or phone number and password of your choice. When you personalize your profile and use the features of the Services, we will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Services, such as a profile picture. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter, including personal information, into any postings, comments or forums within the Services. And, if you send an e-mail to us, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you provide. You may also give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to the Services, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are and adjust your settings to meet your preferences.
• Information gathered by third-party service providers: The Services use a variety of third-party services and applications to help us provide the Services, for example hosting services to host our website and Google Analytics to help us understand how you and other users interact with the Services. These third-party services and applications may collect non-personally identifiable data sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including but not limited to data regarding how frequently visitors access our Services, what actions they took on our Services and their duration of use of our Services. We do this to improve the Services.
• Email communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service. You may send us an email. We may use your email address and the information provided in your email to correspond with you and to improve our Services and customer service.
• IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically: We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address, location, browser type and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g. what links you have clicked on). Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Services. We may use this data in aggregate form, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so we can analyze and improve them.
• Web Beacons. In addition to cookies, we may use “web beacons,” sometimes referred to as “clear gifs” or “web bugs,” to help improve and personalize your online experience. Web beacons are typically invisible to you and are generally embedded in very small clear graphics files. We may use web beacons to monitor certain non-personally identifiable information about you, including the URL visited, the type of browser used, the IP address of your computer and the time you viewed the web beacon. We may also use web beacons to increase the effectiveness of advertising. Advertisements may be served by us or we may allow third parties’ advertisements to be served through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users (for example, “users in New York”) and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” “Ad networks” include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting to us and to advertisers. For example, web beacons allow ad networks to determine how may people view an advertisement and/or click through and they enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you use the Services and when you visit other websites. Your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, which allows ad networks to view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had visited a web page from their website.
2. Use and Disclosure of Information
In general, personal information and other information you submit or share with us is used for the following purposes by the Services: to enable your access to our services; to provide, maintain, protect, develop and improve the Services; to customize the content and advertisements you receive from us and our trusted partners; and to communicate with you, including via email, and to offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions and functionality from us or on our behalf, or from our partners or our advertisers. We do not disclose your private personal information except in the limited circumstances described below:
• With your consent: We may share or disclose your information if you ask or authorize us to do so.
• To comply with legal requirements and to protect you, us, and others: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we reserve the right to retain and disclose your information at our discretion if we believe in good faith that such retention and disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties; or (c) to ensure the safety and security of our systems and of our customers and third parties. By accessing and using the Services, you consent to us sharing your personal information under the circumstances described herein.
If you do not agree or do not consent to the use of your information in any manner described above, you should not use the Services.
3. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
4. Third-Party Advertising and Sites
5. Information Security
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your private personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your personal information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
6. Information Accuracy
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable fee for this service. We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information which you think is inaccurate. We also provide you with tools and account settings to access or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
7. Our Policy Towards Children
WeareverYouGo does not direct its sites to children under the age of thirteen (13) or its applications and services to persons under the age of eighteen (18). We require registered users of the application and services to be at least eighteen (18) years old. Protecting the privacy of children is very important. If we obtain actual knowledge that a registered user is under thirteen, we will promptly delete information associated with such account. By accessing the site, you are representing that you are at least thirteen years old, and by using the Services you are representing that you are at least eighteen years old.
8. Notice of Privacy Right in California
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to WeareverYouGo via the Services, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by WeareverYouGo to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to email@example.com, specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. WeareverYouGo is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request. We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
11. How to contact us